Friday, August 17, 2007

My first week...

It has been a big week as my first week full-time creating handbags hits! I have lots of orders, lots to do, paperwork, website update (check out my new look for the bags):


It is so much fun and I love being able to create lovely bags every day!

I wanted to share a great book I am reading at the moment for lovers of vintage. Its called 'Alligators, Old Mink and New Money" by Alison & Melissa Houtte. Its such a fab ride through everything secondhand, and reminds me of my upbringing amongst the stalls of Sydney growing up.


Picture of Alison Houtte's 'Hooti Couture' in Flatbush, New York

The markets in Sydney in the 80's were so fantastic - you could get anything and it was always so reasonable. I find a lot of markets quite disappointing these days, though the thrill of the chase is still there.

I've also agreed to be a part of the Hope Street Markets 5-7th October in Taylor Square, Sydney. I hope Im ready - please come down and say hi!

2 comments:

djbebe said...

Hey congrats on the new venture - love your bags, saw them on madeit. Such fantastic fabrics!

Kara said...

Thanks! Its great fun!!!