Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Roast pork tonight

I am mad about roast pork... with apple sauce... roast potatos, carrots, pumpkin, onions, etc - it goes on forever. So tonight that's what we are having... mmm. I always find it a bit hard to get the crackling spot on so if you have a secret tip, please share it with me!

We live in a rental property and I am yet to find a good oven in a rental property. So my 1-2 hours in the oven can vary from only 50 mins to burn through to 3-4 hours to get the dinner on. Crazy...

The best roast pork and roast duck in the Blue Mountains is at Three Sisters chinese restaurant in Katoomba. Highly recommended...


Photo by perago89 on flickr.com

Hope you had a wonderful New Years? We did, went up to friends at Katoomba for rotisseried roast lamb all marinated and delicious, fruit punch, cheesecake, beer, wine, champagne - whoa, the hangover was a bit yuck but what a lovely feast. Thanks Angela and Kenny!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Hi! I came here from Meet Me at Mikes. I love your bags. Actually, this post made me hungry!!!

Kara said...

Thanks Kris! I am heading down to Melbourne over easter for the Rose Street Markets. Come by and say hi! And also looking forward to meeting Pip at Meet Me at Mikes - she is a doll!