Friday, February 15, 2008

Dresses...

Sometimes I hate shopping...

I have a couple of weddings on this year and hate having to buy dresses. Why? Cos I am not a size 12 and can't 'just buy' a dress off the rack! I am 16-18 but have bust size that really pushes dresses into the ridiculous 20 mark! Thus making it rather difficult to buy a straightforward dress and always have to opt for skirt and top - boring. I am going to the gym again (well, the past 2 days I have been) and getting motivated once more!

Perhaps I should get into making them? But with creating handbags, the last thing I want to do at night is sew and get frustrated about myself. There is the option to get something created for me too... I haven't ruled that out. But with two weddings in May (in Australia so its getting cold) but in Rockhampton, Qld (so more sweaty & humid) then Camden, NSW (so cold in the evenings and this starts as an outdoor wedding) what's a girl to do?

So I thought I'd share a couple of cute items that I have seen on the net - and it might help someone else out there, or someone could tell me really great ideas that I don't know about!


I found this gal, Janebonbon on etsy (above). She is in Vancouver so its a bit far but I love her style. What do you think? A little bit retro and a little bit fun! Though I hate showing my (tuckshop) arms like most gals...

This dress is by Entitled here in Sydney. I love it (especially the boots and belt with the tee, too casual?).

Other ideas

This website/blog is really fun too - a gal discovering clothes for the plus-sized out there: www.nomoremumus.com (great name!).

This dress is from US 1950's glamour puss vintage style clothing company, Stop Staring. They do up to 3x and have great shapes for curvy gals.

Then there is curvygirlclothing.com, torrid (can be a bit foul unless they do the vintage inspired pieces) and this dress below is from Nordstrom in the US...

1 comment:

Siany said...

I adore that red dress! Beautiful shape and stunning colour!