Friday, February 22, 2008

Photo fun


Today I felt like taking some photos around the house. I have to get some images in to a magazine who wants studio shots and it terrifies me, but this is good practise. Above is my dressing table with all the things I love to look at. It includes jewellery by Liana Kabel, Bamboo Chutney, Made by White and Insync Design. All of these jewellers are Australian so please support them if ever you need to buy a present!


These flowers were from Steven on Valentines Day. It was a surprise and very lovely! He also made risotto for me, which I love. As you can tell, I am not a roses gal and love my aussie natives. The cute little cupcake purse is by Tabitha Emma and bought from online store Leeloo.


These fabric swatches were brought over by Angela Tuesday night as ideas for armrest covers on my fab new couch. Samples by Liberty, Nina Campbell, GP & J Baker and an unknown green velvet! Some very fun ideas there...


Nelly, my dearest old dog (7), sitting outside on the deck as she decided to swim this morning on her walk in Katoomba. The cushion is one of 2 I have bought from Central Australia when I lived there. They are indigenous designs and then done by Kashmiri embroiderers. The painting was given to me years ago by an old boyfriend's grandmother who collected a lot of art. It is a nude by Bernhard Rust (1969 it says in the corner). I don't know much about him but do love his colours!



This is some of my clutches that I pulled out, just looking for colour ideas. I love the fact that they all sort of come together somehow...

4 comments:

magikquilter said...

Hi I think I have done it by myself. Way to go with the sitemeter and world map, I like to watch mine light up so that I can see where people are when they are reading my stuff...yes I have a small life ..but it is such fun!
Love the Nina Campbell fabric

Kara said...

Thanks - it is fun!

Belinda said...

Mmmm, could this mag be Real Living??

kitty's kaboodle said...

you're dresser looks fantastic, such a happy colourful vibe to it. it probably says alot about its owner. great photo.