Thursday, February 28, 2008

Totally inspiring!


I have already blogged but have to share this with you - this is the sort of inspiring community based work I love! Biddy Bags are totally cool - women are contracted on a bag-to-bag basis and benefit through profit-share and increased social interaction.

For each bag sold the woman who crafted it receives over half of the profit with the remainder to cover operational costs and to expand the enterprise's reach.

Amongst other things, the digital age and globalisation has decreased meaningful human interaction and connection.

Biddy Bags is one attempt to remind all of us that “milk doesn’t come from supermarkets, and money doesn’t come out of walls”. They create a ‘person to person’ transaction, the buyer is involved in purchasing much more than just another handbag. Biddy Bags connects people through products. Biddy Bags reminds us that people are important, everyone has a story and we are all in this together.

www.biddybags.com.au



And back on to me... (hee hee, cheeky!). I was just checking out Leeloo's blog and saw that my bag had been featured as part of Leeloo's range on IndieShopping. Yay!

3 comments:

SadieandLance said...

What a fabulous idea!

ness donnelly said...

i think this is a fantastic idea. i hope you don't mind me talking about it in my blog, i will credit you of course. I'm going to start doing features on designers i like from all over the world by location and will be featuring you on the australia entry, if you would like me to talk about any new projets your invloved in please let me know,thanks in advance ness

Kara said...

Sure thing!