Thursday, March 6, 2008

Fabulous

Ballerina clutches - just need buttonholes!

Today I am not going to go to hard. I have been starting at 7am and finishing at 9pm every night. It's too much! I did sleep with a smile on my face though as I have 3 people interested in sewing so surely something will come out of it!


Photo - Handcut

I love this photo. This was taken over the weekend at the Handcut/MuMu sustainable fashion & food show over in Crows Nest. The model is holding one of my totes and I love the teal and orange combination!


Photo - Amy Butler

This photo from a showstand by Amy Butler. I wanted to gasp with you over all the fabrics, combinations and colours! I think she is an absolute inspiration. Her website is so lovely and I want her studio!


I picked out this photo from her trade show, and wanted to show Kathleen the patchwork on the floor as the big shapes are so lovely.

Interestingly, Amy Butler has changed her stand on her fabrics not being used for commercial use so you can do so now. I see the fabric everywhere and wonder if people had realised. But she is strict on her patterns, you can use them for yourself only and cannot sell the bags.

2 comments:

magikquilter said...

I thought you had been busy but wow that is something 7am to 9pm. Lovely autumnal bags...the shapes are so fifties...can imagine seeing them in old movies.
Love the Amy Butler photo going to see if I can make it bigger..ie my son will...and then can see what is going on on the floor.[never written that before... on on]I noticed on etsy all the bags etc off her patterns. Have you seen any of Kaffe Fassett's interiors from any of his books? A theme to each room and saturated colour.

Mylifeisbright said...

Awesome ,Gorgeous Bags,fabric and Creations....
Love to see them all.