Monday, March 17, 2008

New bags

I have been busy sewing all weekend to take some interesting bags to Melbourne this week. I have made 4 beautiful bags out of exclusive fabrics. It would be fun to do an evening/dressy range... mmmm....


These fabrics are beautiful to work with. Rather than sticking a magnetic clasp in them, I have used an old fashioned bow to secure the top of the bag (see below). This bag below also has some lovely embroidered trim.


This bag belo, 'Cecily', is for sale on my site. She is just lovely!


I also bought some fab tea towels on the weekend from Freedom, Laughing Bird. These make really beautiful gifts, screenprinted in the Blue Mountains. Check her work out!

2 comments:

Sammy said...

wow your new bags are fantastic! Especially love the first one :)

Kara said...

Thanks!

K