Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Photos


I have finally taken studio shots for a certain magazine. This has taken a lot of procrastination but the end result was good. Mainly cos the weather has been so good up in the Mountains so the lighting worked well. Above is a photo that didn't make it, just too dark, but I really do like it!


I can't tell you how excited I am to be travelling down to Melbourne next week. Our dog Nelly is going to be babysat by my Mum, who is looking forward to some time in the Mountains here.

This week is just running around getting ready, and I really do feel like a 'headless chook'. A lovely lady, Karen, is helping me with sewing and is trialling her first batch of clutches this week. Of course, the interfacing rolls I had, that were mucking up and ripping, turn out to be the wrong kind, and we have run out of magnetic bag clasps - arghhh! But hopefully it will all be resolved so that Karen doesn't think I am that unorganised!

4 comments:

magikquilter said...

What's the problem with the interfacing? I have to see this. When I used to make bags I could never get the same stiffening that I got the first time I made one...Spotlight just never got it in again. It was cotton and totally stiffened it was wonderful for bags that needed structure.

Kara said...

Its stupid 'tearaway' facing... so good for embroidery but thats about it!

Bec said...

I'm so glad you now have someone to help you! LOVE that first photo!

Kara said...

Thanks Bec!