Saturday, March 22, 2008

Springboard

After so much umming and ahhing about the various entrepreneurships going, I have just found out about my application to Springboard. I got in! This starts week beginning Monday 31st March so its all a bit overwhelming.

We had our first night in Melbourne last night. The city is really wonderful. We ate dumplings, vegetarian pancakes with chilli sauce and 2 beers for $22 (!) at Shanghai Dumpling in a little laneway in the city. Then had the best coffee and baked ricotta cake at Pellegrinis for $10. If you have never been to Pellegrinis on Bourke St, I highly recommend you get there. It's fantastic! I am just sad its closed for the rest of the weekend while we are here.

Today its more adventure and excitement, visiting friends and checking out more of the city and surrounds. Lots of walking but lots of beautiful food and treats...

Steven is now creating breakfast, something he has been craving for a while since eating at Niche Nosh in Katoomba: potato rosti. Sort of potato bake into eggs. Its really good.

5 comments:

Bec said...

Hey congratulations!!!

Oh you are making me so homesick for Melbourne (even though it has been over 8 years now since I lived there). I can just smell the coffee now....

magikquilter said...

Well done...you have a busy time ahead of you. Did not think of the food side of your trip..almost feel like I am there!

Kara said...

Its marvellous... so much to see and not enough time. Will have to come down again soon.

Just off to see Peta: petapledger.etsy.com - who makes fabulous clothes.

Anna Laura said...

Hey Kara, glad to see the trip is going well and with any luck I will see you tomorrow. I might pop in earlier as I have a wedding in the afternoon on and congrats on Springboard!

Kara said...

Thanks mate,

Hope to see you there!

K