Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Rainy days


After a big day in the city yesterday at many a meeting, today is meant to be low key. So I have just been cleaning the house and doing bits n bobs. And - cooking! Something I haven't felt inspired to do for a while. I might even make brownies as Freedom is coming over tomorrow.

Check out the monster sweet potato! I am making a lovely tomato, herb and red wine bruschetta mix we can use over everything... mmm....


Here is why I haven't been out and motivated to walk and go to the gym. I have heard from everyone in the city how wet it is... uh uh, come on up to the Mountains for EXTREME WET and COLD! We are both wondering how we will survive the winter when we are whining in April!

Its been raining and heavy with mist n fog for the past week. Nelly is going stir crazy and we end up hibernating like bears and just chowing down on yummy things and red wine... This is the view from my front porch. Down the bottom right of the photo is one more house then a pretty little stream which is gushing at the moment!

2 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your brushetta sounds delicious! I love autumn weather when we can start having all that lovely warmin food. I made my first batch of pumpkin soup for the year this week.

Kara said...

Yum I love pumpkin soup! Its always better when someone else makes it thought... I had leftover potato and lentil soup today - it was so good.