Saturday, April 12, 2008

Vintage Fair

Unknown, France. Trosseau dress 1881 
silk, velvet, lace 
The Darnell Collection as ESMOD


Today Angela and I set off early to go to the Vintage Fair at Canterbury Racecourse. Armed with homemade lemonade scones and fresh coffee from Leura we headed down without a street directory but found it no problem. I bought lots of beautiful large buttons to use on handbags and Angela got a set of 4 wooden vintage cannisters and a fab dress. 

Charlotte Smith did a wonderful talk on her clothing from the Darnell Collection which is always a treat and she tells the story of each piece in spellbinding fashion.

Photo courtesy of The Age.

This week I had also seen her fabulous handbag collection at the Queen Victoria Building, Sydney and fell in love with this bag!



Today I featured in the Business Section of the Sydney Morning Herald with the story by Michael Baker that ran online last week. I was surprised by the big photo which everyone rang to tell me about! Go green!

3 comments:

Bec said...

Hey, great photo! Congratulations!!! And that purse - oh my.....divine!!!!

ingrid said...

Well done on the press!

And lucky you getting to the vintage fair! I really wanted to go but only flew home from Melb on Sat night and couldnt bare to leave the kids again after missing them so much while I was away.

I would so love to come and live in the mountains. We holiday there for a week each winter and I adore it. Next time I am there we will have to try and catch up.

Liana said...

Excellent coverage missy! Congrats!