Thursday, May 1, 2008

Shop Til You Drop!


Yay, Angela at Leeloo has got me into the elusive Shop Til You Drop online e-boutique section. I have heard in the past how hard it is to get your brand noticed with these guys - so well done, Angela (what a champ!).

My bags n' scarves have been doing well this week in my Mothers Day sale (which runs out 6pm this Friday) with 10% off EVERYTHING, plus you can take advantage of FREE shipping if you spend more than $150! 

I just walked past Kmart and got busy with their 60% off second item sale where I bought 4 items of clothing. My wardrobe is so bad so I feel like a million dollars. Not that I get much of a chance to wear anything nice when I live, breath and work in the Mountains...


At the moment I am re-reading The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham. It is a fantastic book written back in 1951 and is still a good lesson even today about introducing new things into our environs without knowing much about them and what they can potentially do. 

I have just learnt that this was the first book that the author wrote in this name so it appeared to be by a new author. It was this novel which established him as an important writer, and remains his best known. He was influenced by H G Wells 'War of the Worlds'.

If you haven't read it, you will be able to pick up a copy of this fantastic book anywhere second hand... a mind blowing read!

No comments: