Monday, June 30, 2008

Frustration part 2

Day 6

I am now very much over Domain Central and would never recommend them to anyone. Today is day 6 that I have been contacting them to tell them I am having trouble uploading my website using Dreamweaver.

All I get back (this is via live chat - to India) is 'Yes, yes, just send an email and someone will be getting back to you within 24 hours'... hmmm... I explain each morning as I log in to have a lovely 'live chat' that I have done all of that and no one has got back to me in DAYS!

This doesn't phase the help person (I wonder if its a real person? It has a different name each time). 'Please send in an email and we will get back to you within 24 hours'. Great, not even listening.

Now my website is completely down. Great for business, isn't it? Very professional. God, I am having a good ole rant here!

I last said to Nimitil, Leena, Rahul and Jamtart or whatever all the names are, "May I please speak to a manager'. 'It is all taken care of I assure you,' was the response. I said, again, "May I please speak to a manager.' This time - silence - I guess my live chat was finished.

Anyway, I had a look at their website and its only via email that you can make contact. How does that work if your internet is down completely? I always thought they were reasonable in price and good in service. This is the first problem I have had in over a year. Thank god I didn't have more problems!

2 comments:

Suki said...

Hey Kara,
I am using 3ix.com which is very very good and cheap. They also have live chat support (I am not sure if they're in India though...haha) I've been using them for 2 years now and nothing bad had happen so far.

Kara said...

Thanks Suki,

After sitting on the computer for around 6 hours with them yesterday I finally got it all fixed. I also complained to the AUDA which is a body that watches all this sort of stuff. After that sort of timeframe, and trying to run my business, it was getting ridiculous.

Anyway, all working now but I will keep 3ix.com in mind.