Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Vintage Vacations

I love old fashioned holidays and keeping it simple.

Our idea of fun is a driving trip where we go to all the second hand shops in each town, fish 'n' chips on the beach, the dog being able to come with us and cute fibro shacks. We generally cook up great food, play Scrabble and cards and read lots of great books. Ahhh, my idea of bliss!

My girlfriend Jess sent me a great holiday idea from the UK. I wonder if we have anything as cute as this in Oz? (Let me know if we do!). I had sent her the website of the fab vintage house we are going to stay at in August, but will blog about it after the trip to let you know what it was like. She sent back this...


Vintage Vacations are gorgeous old American trailers situated in the south coasts of the Isle of Wight in the UK. These are gorgeous and fully done up in vintage interior design. Fab!


I can't believe all the detail in each of the 10 trailers they have on offer. I'd love to have one of these on a block of land on the south coast, NSW...

4 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Kara, love that gorgeous trailer..My hubby and I travelled in our own bus for about 4 months up to the top of Australia.We did intend to go all the way round, but I fell pregnant!Ours wasnt what you would call vintage style, but certainly vintage in age!
Sue

Kara said...

That sounds great Sue! I have driven my little Sirion pretty much all over with my partner, dog and even a big computer. We love travelling!

Arthur's Circus said...

I had randomly found their website a while ago and wanted to go stay. They look fabulous. My dream is to travel around parts of the USA in an airstream...hmmm maybe one day.

Suki said...

it looks very cosy!!!