Friday, August 1, 2008

Fab finds...


SM Contrast patterned panel dress by Heidi and Seek. One of a kind ethically designed dress - Australian made. $89.00 AUD. Created using second hand materials. This would look so cute on someone with boots and tights!


Manchu wallpaper at Domestic Textiles, Melbourne. Isn't this wallpaper divine? I LOVE the colours!


This gorgeous bag is Mary by A Genuine Rattbag (70 pounds) - handmade in Scotland. All the fabrics, leathers and buttons are reclaimed, recycled and vintage! Marilyn has me down as a link on her site (thank you Marilyn) which I was pleasantly surprised about. Please check these bags out, they are divine and I love to see we share the same ethic around the world!

5 comments:

willywagtail said...

I can see why she is a ratbag. Isn't that bag great. Cherrie

Chooks'r'us said...

Do you have a link for the wallpaper? I've hunting for something for home and I wondered what other wallpapers they might have?
Thanks, Chooky
PS Congrats on being selected for the Youngblood Designers Market - I went last year and it was great!

Kara said...

Chooky,

I can't find the link anywhere. Do a search online as they are in Melbourne and should come up!

K

Hayley Lau said...

Hey Kara. Thanks for featuring me! I ran into a few of your bags today at Incub8r. There was a woolen one that I particularly liked - unfortunately I'm on a budget at the moment.

By the way I'm thinking of selling there.. How do you find it? And if you don't mind me asking, does the stock move reasonably quickly?

Kara said...

I think you should try it for 3 months and see. I'm about to stop in August. Sales have been ok but not enough to sustain it.

But you should try for yourself, as everything varies so much so you can't tell!