Friday, August 22, 2008

Home

Back from a lovely week away, well 4 days, and will upload some fun pics of the trip and mention the gorgeous little holiday house we stayed in down the South Coast in my next post.

There is over 300 emails to respond to here... urghhh... where do I start?

I am a bit more relaxed now anyway। Isn't a holiday wonderful for rejuvenation, but really great for making you realise how special home is? Driving back up the Blue Mountains: crisp clean air, dark clouds threatening in the distance, the bush and wildflowers out and black cockatoos diving across the road - I just love it.

I must admit I did have a moment down the South Coast (where I have always wanted to find a special place) thinking 'oh, couldn't we live here???'.

But its not just the bush and scenery around the Mountains as we have the most amazing community. There are such wonderful people up here that I feel very lucky to be a part of it all.

I had a telephone call from Natalie of the Australian Breastfeeding Association upper Mountains to say I had won in their raffle. I vaguely remember handing over some money at the Winter Magic Festival in July but wow, to win something! I won a pamper pack (body scrub, etc) but then got talking to her about the Maternity Ward at Katoomba hospital which is opening September 1st!

No comments: