Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday

Its raining, raining, raining outside and I can't wait for Spring to really hit the Mountains. Nelly, my dog, has come in saturated which means wet dog smell in her bed. Yuck! Luckily I am working away in my separate studio room!


Don't you just love this fabric? I scored it yesterday. It's a sort of heavy cotton upholstery fabric with a fabulous moth screenprint in blues and black on white background. I can't decide what to make with it first!


This custom designed ballerina bag is finished for Danielle this morning. Its bigger than my normal sized ballerina bags and has a separate section inside for her laptop which closes up with a vintage button when not in use. Made from vintage velvet and cotton with a divine 50's coat button on the front pocket.

Update: I did have some exciting news... so exciting that my blood pressure was going up, so for the good of my pregnancy, I bowed out. I was supposed to go to Melbourne next week for 'Fashion Unearthed' with a magazine. It would have been fabulous and I am sorry that its not good timing for me!

2 comments:

magikquilter said...

I love the moths...who would have thought moths could look so good?

Good job on the laptop sized bag.....good job you use such strong fabrics.

Does the dog just have to get dry by herself?

Bec said...

The fabric looks like a piece of art, look forward to seeing your creation!!