Friday, October 17, 2008

Blue Mountains Business Awards


Ok, getting nervous now... Tonight is the announcement of winners for the 2008 Blue Mountains Business Awards. I am fluttering around trying to work out what to wear, get Steven organised (its black tie but we don't have all that) and work out how to calm my nerves when alcohol cannot be involved any more than 1/2 glass with some mineral water!


I don't think you have to say a speech if you do win but gosh, what do you say? I mean you hardly think you are going to actually win (and I'm a finalist in 4 categories) and don't want to do an awful Gwneyth Paltrow sob job (Oscars) if I do win as I'm particularly hormonal these days. You'd be amazed at what 'moves' me!

The event is at the Fairmont Resort at Leura, which is cool as I have never been there, with everything laid on. Even dancing and gold medallists speaking and so forth. Wonder if I will take any of it in? Hee hee.

Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Siany said...

Good luck tonight :) I saw your beautiful ad in the gazette this week! And good luck with the 'blubbering' *when* you win!
xx

Kara said...

Thanks Siany! We'll see with the blubbering - maybe I will blubbering in my seat when I DON'T win anything! Hee hee!

Hayley Lau said...

Good luck Kara! Hope you have fun despite the nerves. I'll be rootin' for you.

magikquilter said...

best of luck!

magikquilter said...

best of luck!