Thursday, October 2, 2008

It comes with the territory

Yesterday I made the effort (finally) to have a go at aqua aerobics. I have never been able to work out how I get in the water and move around and still be able to see... but you just wear your glasses in the water. Ahhh, I get it! 

I felt great afterwards and I think my little baby was having a fun time swishing around to crazy dance music in the pool. I was the youngest there (by a mile) and the only one pregnant but I think I was the slowest. Those old girls really go for it!

I've had a lot of lower back pain, I know, I know, it comes with the territory but by night I'm sometimes hobbling around and taking really small steps. Sewing is almost impossible as it really brings the pain on - a little inconvenient in my line of business. So I am relying on the outside help of a sewing whizz for now. This means its getting really slow to upload new products, but I better get used to it come January with my baby due then.


I have four plaques here for becoming a finalist in the Blue Mountains Business Awards on Tuesday night. Where do I put them? I currently have them stashed in a cupboard! The winners will be announced October 17th so it would be wonderful to have those plaques up instead!

3 comments:

magikquilter said...

Whatabout actual swimming as well Kara...that is one of the best things for backpain....am not sure about the tummy/baby bump though....whether she floats!!!

Good luck for the 17th.

Kara said...

I will do my 'normal' swimming today - just breast stroke, it seems to work nicely for my back and legs.

veri maz said...

good luck with the aquaerobics. I always liked it because no one could see just how unco i was under the water. Plus the water cools me down and stops me from getting too hot and flustered.