Saturday, October 18, 2008

Quick update...

I have hardly slept so feel like I'm walking around in a dream. Last night I took out 2 awards at the Blue Mountains Business Awards: New Business and Home-Based business. The New Business category was tough - 8 amazing businesses who have all been trading 36 months or less. When they read the list out I sighed and sat back thinking, "wow, tough competition. Oh well" then heard my name read out. I completely spun out and could hardly walk through all the tables (30+ of them) to receive the award. I received one award from Gold Medallist Duncan Armstrong so will have to post some photos when I receive them.

Luckily I didn't have to say a speech or anything. I could hardly wobble around - I was shaking so madly!

Anyway, today I'm racing off to the Vintage Fashion & Textiles Fair at Canterbury Racecourse. Meeting up with two lovely friends, Karie and Simone. See ya!

10 comments:

magikquilter said...

Many many congratulations Kara

You know you should re read that interview the business Herald ws it guy did on you...he said you might just get rich despite it all

Probably because of many factors...one of them talent but also a lot to do with hard work and networking and good old common sense and business planning and projection...so many factors!!!

CONGRATULATIONS... well deserved

got any photos?

Kerry said...

Oh wow! Congratulations! That's amazing! :D

You should be really proud of yourself!

Chooks'r'us said...

Congratulations Kara!! Wohoo to you and glad you didn't have a Gwyneth moment :) I went to the vintage fair in January and found a fabulous frock for my fortieth that is coming up soon. I had a hell of a hangover on the day which was probably good as there are so many stalls it's a bit overwhelming. Hope you had fun!

Car said...

Congrats on the two awards Kara :) Lucky you didn't have to make any of them sobbing thank you speeches - LOL

BTW I found your blog thru Lisa (ex see-saw employee) :D

Keep up the great work!

Siany said...

Congrats!! :)

Dawn said...

Wow. WOW! Way to go, Kara! Congrats on your very deserving awards!!

Kara said...

Thank you everyone! I'm still reeling from it all. I will probably get the photos this week so will post them!

K

thefrontroom said...

Congrats!! That is fantastic! Well done you and much deserved it seems!

Hayley Lau said...

That's so great, congratulations Kara! Thanks for the update.

Penny said...

Congrats! That's amazing, and very fabulous!