Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Comfort when uncomfortable

Can't sleep, gotta wee. Can't lay back on the couch, the baby will go posterier-positioned. Can't stand too long, belly contracts too much. Blah blah...

It's 38 weeks tomorrow - 2 to go and I am tired of it all and ready.

I really wanted to go swimming today but it's overcast and horrible. The relief you get from swimming laps and bobbing around is fantastic. There is a 25m indoor pool here but it's just not the same as getting out in the sunshine. I mean, it's not like we get that much of it up here in the Mountains!

Mum is coming up today to stay til mid-January. She is house-sitting for a friend up here so will have the family come and go there - rather than our house - which is fantastic for us. It means I can rest, get up in the night if I have to and moan and groan in peace when the time is right!

It feels funny not to be working now.... I am sort of lost, am in this halfway moment, not quite time for the baby, not quite Christmas, the constant "Kara you should be resting" comments. I don't know what to do with myself! Even sewing and cutting is painful on my baby belly and I have been told not to be on the computer too long now.

I just finished a lovely book 'Ishq and Mushq' by Priya Basil and should go and seek some more library books. I love indian books, well indian authors, so if you have any recommendations let me know.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: