Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Infection

On Sunday I had sharp pains down my right side - nothing like what I'd experienced as pregnancy pains so we finally went to get it checked out. After a routine check up where it had all seemed ok, they monitored the baby's heart which was going gangbusters as well as mine. But they were still not worried and asked me to do a urine test before heading home. Just as we were getting ready to leave, I was told to come to one of the rooms and get into bed and asked if I wanted dinner!

Well, I wasn't expecting that! Turned out I had lucites in my urine which could either be urinary tract infection or kidney problems, but the baby was also going through it with me. It was really upsetting and such a surprise.

I finally got released late yesterday and am sick of drips, fluids, antibiotics in my veins and lying around in a hospital. I was finally given the all clear but they couldn't see anything wrong with my kidneys so I have to 'rest' til the baby comes - something I am not good at.

At least I was in the maternity ward, so got a trial run of what to expect there. Everyone is just so lovely at the hospital in Katoomba, and between my private room (in a public hospital), my view of the sunrise over the cliffs of Katoomba and Leura and being pampered, it could have been a resort! There was no one else staying there at the time so no babies crying and I got everyone's attention!!!

38 weeks and 5 days - 9 days to go til due date... I can't tell you how sick of it I am. We are all waiting in anticipation but she is just gonna come when she is ready!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

ahhhhh....and when you hold that sweet breath of love in your arms you will F.O.R.G.E.T all about the pains of pregnancy!....

Godspeed, Kara.