Thursday, January 15, 2009

At home!


Yay, today was the day Theo and I were allowed to go home. She is such a little doll and we are both just so in love. The phototherapy worked well and her jaundice reduced. I woke up this morning determined that 'this was it, time to go home' then watched as the sun came up and revealed our little girl looked yellow again... I couldn't stop the disappointment and tears in my eyes while the midwives reassured me not to worry just yet.


Finally, got her bloods tested and her jaundice level had dropped since yesterday so we were allowed to go - phew!


It is really nice being back. After feeding her I plonked straight into my bed and slept so well. Nelly, our dog, isn't too sure what's happening with Theo. She just wants to constantly lick her toes which is handy when she needs waking up!

9 comments:

veri maz said...

aw congratulations, she looks like a very sweet lil' puddin'

hope you both do well

magikquilter said...

Welcome home and to a new life together. Theo looks quite grown up in the car seat...what a day to come home..stinking hot here....

At least you do not have the worry of knowing what to put on her that I had when CJ was born in September....

Hope all is going well now that you are home...how is your milk going?

Sue said...

Kara, Theo is gorgeous, congrats to you and your hubby! I just want to give her a hug!
Sue

willywagtail said...

O what joy. She is gorgeous. I can almost imagine her smiling. I am sure the days will get easier and harder but you will never love her less. Cherrie

ingrid said...

Congratulations and welcome home! She really is a little doll.

Kara said...

Hi guys,

Thanks so much for all the lovely comments. Milk is in, K! She is so adorable and so precious... I can't think of anything else but hanging out with her... who wants to work?!

x

Em said...

Look at the teeny little woman! I am so pleased for you Kara, cluck cluck..... Can't wait for my own little bundle to come....

Jhoanna said...

Congratulations Kara! Theo is so beautiful. So glad to read that you are all well and back home.

Margaret said...

What a beautiful little tot! Glad to hear that the photo treatment went well.