Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Still in hospital...


Theodora 'Theo' Jean Brozovich - she is just a doll - lots of hair!!! I was the same when I was born.

Steven, proud dad with Theo.

I have ducked home quickly but still in hospital. Our gorgeous baby girl, Theo (Theodora), is having a bit of trouble with jaundice so is having phototherapy under UV lights. It has been a week tomorrow (Wed) that I have been with her in the hospital and am going stir crazy and very, very teary... It should be at least another 2 days we expect (fingers crossed).


Kara and baby Theo straight after delivery... yes, it ended up being an epidural birth but it was wonderful. Epidural in at 7pm, found out I was fully dilated not long after, then Theo born at 9.12pm with a natural delivery.

I had terrible posterier pain beforehand and couldn't do anything as I was attached to a drip and heart monitoring machine so gave up on doing it the way I'd like to 4 hours into labour.

Thanks for all your kind words. I haven't really had a chance to read them all but will soon. Of course, my website is down so no one can even email me. I have to get back to the hospital so this will all have to wait.

7 comments:

Jess said...

Oh Kara - she's gorgeous. A bit teary myself! You look amazing - can't believe how good you look. My post labour photos are never ever going to see the light of day again.
Well done!!! - hope all ok with Theo and you'll be home soon.
Jessxx

willywagtail said...

What a gorgeous mass of hair! And she looks like her Mum in the first photo too. Thanks for taking the time to share Theo with us . I am still excited for you. Aren't babies wonderful. Cherrie

magikquilter said...

I don't know who is more beautiful...mum or baby...that is a stunning photo...Steven looks so proud too.

Kara you like like you have waited for her forever...

kisses and hugs from Kathleen
xxxxoooxxxx

Bec said...

Oh Kara, she is so beautiful. It must be hard still being in hospital. My sister recently had exactly the same thing, staying in a bit longer when Jett had jaundice. You'll love it when you get home and can sleep in your own bed! Congratulations again, I'm so happy for you :)

Em said...

cluck, cluck, well done!

Thea said...

Congratulations! Baby Theo is gorgeous and Theodora (God's gift) is a majestic name. It is actually my own given name :)

SadieandLance said...

Well done Kara, Theo is so beautiful. Jaundice is awful, my Smurf had it too. You'll get through it though and Bec's right when you get home it will be wonderful.