Saturday, February 14, 2009

Rain rain go away...

It's a blistering 14 degrees (c) here today and I'm tired of the rain...

Living in the Blue Mountains means I should be used to this, but it's been misty and raining heavily for days now and expected to continue until mid next week. I'd love to shift the rain to where it's needed - where bushfires are raging and water would be sweet relief. If only this could be done...

I donated to the Red Cross on Friday for the bushfire appeal. With me not working and a new little baby, I can't really afford it but it is so upsetting what people are going through in Australia. I heard that some of the victims of the floods in Qld are donating their relief money to bushfire victims in Vic. This made me cry - people are so so generous!

We also need a little sunlight up here.

Theo is still quite jaundiced and gets check ups by the paediatrician so we need to keep up the UV light on her so she continues to do well with bringing down her levels. The paed had said that about 30 was the level for a baby her age and her level is approx. 250. So still a way to go!

2 comments:

Em said...

I hope little Theo Unyellows for you soon. Keep up your own fluids too Kara! Hope the sun has started to come out, if not smile and pretend it's there anyway. Put your sunnies on, lay on the floor and pretend you're sunbaking..... if nothing else it should make you laugh!

Kara said...

Hee hee! I will give it a go!