Monday, February 9, 2009

Stoopid

Yesterday I broke my little toe on my left foot. I have done this a couple of times over the years but it is getting ridiculous.

First thing in the morning I walked past the change table in the bedroom and managed to collide and break my little toe so it stuck out at a very unusual angle - ouch! So we all got in the car to Emergency to find out that X-ray wasn't open til 10am so all go back home, feed Theo, grouch and moan for a bit, then drive myself back up.

This means 6 weeks til it heals. Not good when you have a 4 week old baby and really need to think about doing 'some' sort of exercise soonish - but a good excuse not to I think you will agree? Oh, and I only get to wear trainers in that time which I'm not happy about. I am limited in what I can fit into since the birth and they just don't go that well with skirts! Hee hee...

6 comments:

Em said...

Hiya! Just to let you know I have tagged you on my blog today to take up the 6 and 6 photo challenge! Hope you don't mind!

Andrea said...

Oh - Ouch! I understand your frustration - especially at the clothing restriction. I am 1 week out from being due with my first bub and am looking forward to getting back to some exercise. It will start to feel better before you know it though.
Andjxx

willywagtail said...

I've been there, done that. The pain is incredible every time you hit it. Because I have a relly painful bunion on that foot I can basically only wear thongs - high heels or low. This meant tat in order to protect the little toe from hitting everything I would bandage it to the next toe. It worked for me. Just a thought. Cherrie

Kara said...

Thanks guys! Andrea, tried to post a comment on your blog on the cute baby's room! Divine!

K

susieqiloveyou said...

Ouchie. I know exactly how you feel as I have done this and nearly the exact same way. It stuck out at a funny angle. I keep knocking mine too so now it always look odd and turned.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

bex said...

oh no! i hope that your toe fixes up without too much pain!!