Thursday, June 18, 2009

Squint


I just saw this fabulous designer on Magik Quilter's blog and had to share it with you as it is incredibly inspiring!


This amazing armchair and armoire is by UK designer, Squint and I think I am in love.... The furniture is constructed by hand with hard wood and beautiful hand carved mahogany legs. The fabrics are fun, bold and certainly eye-catching. Also used are 18th-19th century French trimmings - each piece is totally unique using contemporary and vintage fabrics.

6 comments:

Janet McKinney said...

love it..... love it........ love it.

have to do something like that I dooooooo

Kara said...

I know - totally inspiring!

Kathleen said...

perhaps you could do an upholstery course on evening at tafe kara...you have the fabric for this you know....and the determination!

vintagefabricaddict said...

ooooh! what a great idea. Love the couch.

Kara said...

Wouldnt that be fun Kathleen but I imagine it would be difficult to do it in small panels!!!

little luxury said...

Hi Kara,
This is very inspiring.
Thanks
regards Laura