Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Kindness


Motherhood is a tough job. Very tough and very demanding - the hardest job I've had to date. Do you get my drift? I seem to be on a roll here...

I am so lucky to have a bunch of fantastic Mothers' here who have taken it upon themselves to help me every day that I need. So I get an hour off to go to bed while they babysit Theo. Now, they still have their own little one to deal with so I am pretty darn lucky. I hope when I get settled that I can return the favour - and it's nice to know we have years to come to help and share with each other.

I get asked, "Hows business going? What are you doing". The answer is not much. Each day I am taking it in my stride to see how we go with Theo's naps and getting into a routine. My partner leaves each morning at 5:30am and returns 7:30pm. That is extremely hard for him too as he misses out on seeing Theo most weekdays with those hours.

So 'thank you' to the girls who help me and support me in friendship and to my beautiful daughter Theo for keeping me on my toes and making me laugh every day!

7 comments:

ZippyZippy said...

You are very fortunate to have a great group of mums around. The first mums group is so important, to share the up's & downs and swap stories and remedies.
Lovely pic!

willywagtail said...

You will get there. I did though it took me a long time. I am so glad you love Theo. She is worth more than any sewing.

m i s s b é b a said...

just on here tying up loose ends.. your post has brought a tear to my eye (haha.. i must be tired!) beautiful. enjoy this precious time X

Kara said...

Thanks guys - it really is so much more important to be with my little one right now. I do miss being in the 'thick' of my business but its trickling along ok! x

Siany said...

Such a beautiful little girl :)

Jacqui said...

Kara, I'm seeing my friends go through this and it is tough. Mick has the same commute, and I often think what a terrible long day that would be to endure if I were home alone with a bub (funny how you still want it anyway?!). It's great to read you have such a supportive group of women around you and that you are letting them help. And that you are talking about it too and not isolating. Theo looks like a darling little girl.

Kara said...

Thanks guys!! x