Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A quilt in the making


I am making a quilt for my baby girl's cot - and wanted to share the progress. There are a lot of beautiful scraps that I have lying around, just too small to make handbags with, but perfect for something like this.

The quilt I've designed uses a larger block and a smaller rectangular shape. I think I'm going to back it with pink polar fleece - the pink is a colour that is predominant through all the scraps.

At one point I thought I'd put a zip and make it so a wool quilt could go inside. It's so cold here in the Mountains that this would work well... but I want it to be used year round!

4 comments:

ZippyZippy said...

That looks beautiful Kara, Theo is a lucky little princess!
Jacqueline

willywagtail said...

is beautiful. I love the colours. It always feels great using up the little bits, even more so if it is already recycled fabric.

mountainwildlife said...

Ooooh, lovely! And such a departure from the usual 'baby-girly-pink' stuff in stores. What a stylish bub you will have!

citrus daisy said...

It looks great Kara. Another suggestion is to bat it with wool batting and it keeps the kids toasty and warm and breathes whereas poly filled or polar fleece doesn't breathe much and its important for babies.