Monday, August 24, 2009

Creative days


At last I have had some time over the weekend to create some new things and finish some old! I have been playing around with baby dresses and deciding if it's something I will go into. Theo wears a lot of pinafore-style dresses which I love teaming up with patterned tights and different t-shirts and skivvies.

I haven't decided what sort of pattern I will do (and still have to develop one) but playing around with existing patterns to see what I think. These dresses (above) are made with some of my recycled fabrics and trims. At the top right of the pic you can see the next one I'm getting ready to make in a gorgeous 60's Gummerson Fern fabric. So lovely for the coming warmer months!


Theo's baby quilt is finished! It's actually the right size for her cot and will be great when we are ready to convert her cot into a little bed as it will fit beautifully around the sides when the rails come away. I ended up backing this with pale pink polar fleece. It's weighty and warm and perfect for the Blue Mountains - in summer it will do just fine with a cotton sheet underneath.

Quilts are another item I am considering exploring to sell... I have some amazing fabrics and this could be a lovely way of showing them to their best advantage. What do you think?

3 comments:

bex said...

the dresses look great, hope that you are feeling a bit better about your blog
x

Jess said...

The dresses are gorgeous! Go for it!
xx

BabyLuxDesign said...

love the color/pattern combo you've put together here. glad to meet your blog, stumbled upon you through konbayfabrics on twitter :)