Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I'm on a roll...

Ok, so feeling more inspired and getting things done. Well, actually Theo is sick with runny nose and so forth so she keeps sleeping. This means I can do stuff! Horrible, aren't I?!


I have put Theo's quilt over the chair in her bedroom. Last night was the FIRST night that she didn't wake for a feed so I feel rejuvenated today. It's such a heavy quilt - all recycled fine upholstery and backed with polar fleece - and she wears a grobag at night that I worry it's too heavy and warm, hence being on the chair for now. The colours work so well with the warm tones in her room.

For now it looks so sweet this way... I really want to make more quilts and have them for sale online. Something to think about in the future.


I have also been playing with baby dresses and have adapted a pattern to create more of the shape I like. This little dress is made from vintage seersucker fabric, recycled gingham for the interior and a cute denim pocket on the front. It will look cute with jeans or leggings while it's still cold too. I think I will do a crossover pinafore style dress/top next and see how that works... great with vintage buttons and all the fabrics I have!

1 comment:

ZippyZippy said...

Cute little dress, I think you would create some fantastic quilts,give it a go, glad to see you are getting some creative things done. Having the inspiration and the time to execute is hard to co-ordinate :)
Jacqueline