Saturday, September 5, 2009

Dresses are coming along nicely...


The dress shape I have designed is constantly being adapted (with ideas coming to me in the night) and I can't tell you how many I have made this week when Theo sleeps or plays on her own. I've realised this is such a good time as she will shortly start to crawl - so that will be it!!!


I have made two in this fabric with the shape slowly changing. I felt it gaped too much at the back at the bottom and my last design has it fully covered at the back - bloomers optional!

They just look so great with little shirts, bloomers, jeans, long sleeved tops, etc. I'm actually wondering if I can source some groovy long & short sleeved tees and leggings to sell online with the dresses... hmm... Where to start looking? I'd love to have a complete 'look' as an option.

Pants will also be coming soon for the little boys out there who never get a look-in fashion-wise.


Some of the many dresses I have been making this week. All are reversible with vintage buttons either side. The gingham dress at the back has a cute pocket on the front.

4 comments:

Vintage Fabric Addict said...

These look very cute! I think the bloomers are a must, nothing worse that a nappy showing under a cute dress. Theo is adorable too!

Kara said...

Just not sure I will be making them!!! But they are easy to pick up.

michvanetta said...

Wow, Theo is growing so fast and is totally adorable!
Your dresses are too cute, can't wait to see more.

bex said...

you've been a busy bee! they look great, well done