Saturday, July 2, 2011

Our newest edition!


After an incredibly speedy labour we are proud to announce the birth of our beautiful daughter, Xanthe Beth Cooper, on 30 June, 2011. She was born 5.33 kg (no wonder I had so much pain through my pregnancy) and 57cm long. With my fantastic doula Joelle (who made it just in time before I decided to push), the great team at Sutherland Hospital and of course, not forgetting my amazing husband Geoff who raced me there and stood by with me ranting and raving, I have to say - the Calmbirth course we did definitely helped (and I highly recommend to anyone who is pregnant!).


Our enormous baby! 5.33 kgs!!! And a natural birth using only gas. It was such a contrast to my first labour and I felt very shaky and exhausted afterwards. It probably took me another 7 hours to come to afterwards.


Tomorrow I go back home and back to reality. I'm looking forward to it, even though I know it will be hard, and getting to see my darling girls together. Theo has been staying often with my Mum as we didn't know when this baby would arrive.

7 comments:

willywagtail said...

Congratulations to the proud parents! Wow on your huge baby. I guess that means you get to skip a whole lot of little sizes. How wonderful that Theo gets a little (or big) sister too. Cherrie

Kara said...

Ha ha yeah she's pretty big and boofy! Will be running around behind her big sister in no time! x

miss béba said...

lovely pic! congrats Kara XXX

Kel said...

Congratulations to you and your family. What an incredible job of nurturing and birthing her. Look out world, after this you can do anything!
Enjoy settling in to life as a family of four.

Kara said...

Thanks mate, thought another greek name too would be good for the two girls!! How are you?
x

miss béba said...

Xanthe is really really lovely Kara! ..means fair coloured in Greek (perfect if she grows into a sassy blonde!)
i'm doing great, thanks babe XXX

Kathleen said...

congratulations to you all..